The Wait is Over!
PAK is now legally a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation!
Created in 2006, PAK has worked to help parents and their food allergic children in the Charlotte area. Powered 100% by volunteers, we continue to provide fun community events, educational symposiums partnering with local Board Certified Allergists, jointly host Camp R.O.A.R. annually, and are actively working to include teens with our new group, IMPAKT, (I am PAK, too!). Let’s not forget the day to day support we receive on our closed Facebook forum and the online friends we meet!
We are growing!
The greater Charlotte area’s population is growing and unfortunately, so are the number of children diagnosed with life-threatening food allergies. According to a study released in 2013 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, food allergies among children increased approximately 50% between 1997 and 2011. As a result, the PAK community has expanded, too! PAK’s response? PAK has legally become a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
What does this 501(c)(3) status mean for you?
- Greater ability to generate PAK member inspired events for you!
- The ability to quickly respond to our food allergic community’s needs!
- Tax deductions for YOU when you make a charitable gift to PAK. Parents of Allergic Kids is now a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
How can I help?
- Spread the word and share this news with your family, friends, pediatrician and other caregivers! Click this link to the pdf to share Tell them they can find us at www.pakcharlotte.org.
- Thanks to your generous donations, PAK is able to provide programs, events and community outreach and education to enhance our food allergic children’s experience and safety in their community.
Donate securely at our website via PayPal by clicking https://pakcharlotte.wordpress.com/donate-to-pak/ now! Alternatively, mail a check payable to Parents of Allergic Kids at P.O. Box 1634 Indian Trail, NC 28079.
Posted on Wed, November 2, 2016
by pakcharlotte filed under